Andy Ruiz Jr has said he will be even more prepared for his rematch
against Anthony Joshua after claiming a shock victory over the Briton
in New York earlier this month.
The 29-year-old took to the streets of California, where he was born,
in an open-top car to celebrate winning the IBF, WBA and WBO titles
with a seventh-round stoppage victory at Madison Square Garden.
The Mexican-American boxer returned to the city of Imperial for the
parade held in his honour and told reporters he was sure he could get
the better of Joshua once again.
In comments reported by the BBC, he said: ‘The rematch is going to be
the same. I am going to be more prepared and more ready.
‘I know his flaws. I can do a lot better. The only thing that he can
do is just run around, he’s not good at boxing.’
Joshua was on the receiving end of one of the biggest shocks in the
history of heavyweight boxing on his United States debut on June 1.
He was knocked down twice in the third round and twice more in the
seventh, forcing referee Mike Griffin to stop the contest.
Joshua and Ruiz are expected to hold their rematch sometime in
November or December.