By Mumini AbdulKareem
A frontline candidate in the race for the Chief of Staff, Prince AbdulKadir Mahe on Sunday broke his silence over the issue surrounding his alleged appointment by Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.
Mahe’s reaction, the first with any media outfit in the country since the issue of his said appointment first came to limelight is coming on the heels of report about his purported collapse on Friday following a statement from the Kwara State Government that it has not appointed anybody which his supporters believed was sponsored by other contestants to embarrass him over the issue.
According to the retired Permanent Secretary, he is not bothered about whosever the Governor decides to choose to fill the vacant seat which contest has assumed a disturbing dimension in the state.
He said: Thank you very much for this opportunity to speak on this issue. On the appointment, the Governor has the prerogative to choose or (appoint) anybody who can work with him. He can choose wherever he wants to work with him depending on the candidate’s exposure and experience in the service.
“As far as I am concerned, I don’t have any problem with whoever is chosen. That is just it. There is nothing special about any appointment in Kwara.
Mahe who is the son of the late Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji AbdulKadir (Baba Agba) further debunk the report of his purported collapse over the issue which had gone viral in many social media and online platforms across the state last week.
While giving details of his itinerary on Friday last week which the online report alleged, Mahe said there was nothing like adding that “I did not collapsed”.
“There was nothing of such, I did not collapse and in fact I am very hale and hearty. On Friday I was at Hasibunallahu Central Mosque to observe my Jumah prayer which is where I usually pray”, he submitted.
Following the death of the former Chief of Staff, Dr Aminu Adisa Logu who died from Covid-19 complications in July, the seat has remained vacant.
Some government insiders has however told this medium that Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq is not keen on announcing repayment despite desperate moves by some interested aspirant to clinch the plum position.
By Mumini AbdulKareem