20-yr-old electrocuted listening to music on plugged phone in Ilorin

0
71

 

By Daniel Ayantoye

For engaging in an act that many teenagers have turned to their hobby, a 20-year-old boy, Oluwayomi Emmanuel Akanbi was pronounced dead on Tuesday as a result of electricity shock from earpiece while listening to music on a plugged mobile phone.

According to an eyewitness, Oluwayomi was at his brother’s phone accessories shop (known as Eri-Okan Phones Accessories Shop) located at Ganmo area, Kwara State when the electric wire sparked and it radiated through his phone to his body.

The incident was said to have occurred around Afon Junction, around 2pm.

Speaking with our reporter, an eyewitness who identified himself as Tunji said, “The death of Oluwayomi caught shop owners and passers-by by surprise.

“While helping his brother out in his shop and listening to music on his plugged phone, there was power surge and electricity radiated through the poor boy’s phone to his body. Unfortunately, he was pronounced dead before he could be rushed to the hospital.”

Until his death, Oluwayomi who hails from Oke-Ero Local Government Area of the state was living with his elder brother while awaiting admission into Ahmadu Bello University, (ABU), Zaria.

The young boy has since been buried according to Christian rites amidst tears and wailing.

He left behind, the parents brothers and sisters.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here