City target Alves joins PSG: Manchester City have missed out on one of their summer transfer targets after Brazil full-back Dani Alves joined Paris St-Germain on a free transfer.
Alves, who has signed a two-year deal, has opted against joining up with his former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola.
City was prepared to give the 34-year-old a two-year contract, but would not match the £230,000 a week it is understood he will receive in France.
Tottenham’s Kyle Walker remains City’s top target at right back.
“Believe me, I am coming to Paris to win,” said Alves, who is the 30th Brazilian to play for the Ligue 1 club.
“In recent years, I have been able to gauge the incredible growth of this club, which has become a European football powerhouse. It’s very exciting to now be part of this great project.”
Vasco da Gama accepts City bid for Douglas: Manchester City is wrapping up a deal for Vasco da Gama midfielder Douglas. The 20 year-old was left out of Vasco’s squad for their clash with Vitoria as he is preparing to leave for England, says Globoesporte. Douglas will move to City for an initial fee of €13m rising to €16m based on appearances and success. The Brazil U20 star has managed 39 first team appearances with Vasco and was also interesting Borussia Dortmund and Monaco. Should he complete his move to City, Douglas will become the richest transfer in Vas
Iniesta wants to retire at Barca: Andres Iniesta says he wants to end his career at Barcelona, despite continued rumours that he could move elsewhere in the near future. “I have always said I would like to retire at Barcelona,” he said at the opening of an artificial football pitch at his former school in Fuentealbilla. “It is the club I have been at since I was 12. ‘I still have years left to play at the highest level so it is too early to decide my future, but Barcelona is where I want to be and hope to be for a long time.”
I want loan to German club, Nwakali tells Arsenal: A loan move for the second consecutive season is definitely on the cards, as the attacking midfielder Kelechi Nwakali is not yet eligible for a work permit in England. ”Kelechi and his brother Allwell are still in London. Our suggestion to Arsenal is that he should go on loan to a top division team,” CEO of ASJ Academy, Nwakali’s former Nigerian club, told Emeka Amajiriaku.
”This time, we are going for Germany. We have a meeting with Arsenal this afternoon.” Kelechi Nwakali spent the whole of last season on loan at Dutch club MVV Maastricht, and made 34 appearances in all competitions in his first season as a professional.
Man Utd, Sociedad agree £9.8m fee for Januzaj: Manchester United has agreed a fee of about £9.8m with Real Sociedad for Belgium winger Adnan Januzaj.
Januzaj, 22, was told he could find another club this summer by United manager Jose Mourinho.
He returned from an unsuccessful campaign on loan at Sunderland and was left out of Mourinho’s squad for the pre-season tour of the United States.
Januzaj, who has also had a stint on loan at Borussia Dortmund in 2015-16, is set to have a medical on Wednesday. Januzaj joined United from Anderlecht when he was 16 and broke into the first team in 2013 during David Moyes’ ill-fated spell in charge. Deemed good enough to take Ryan Giggs’ number 11 shirt, Januzaj signed a five-year contract extension that was not due to expire until 2018. Real Sociedad finished sixth in La Liga last season and will compete in the Europa League group stage in 2017-18.
Dortmund tags £70m price on Aubameyang: Chelsea has been offered the chance to sign Borussia Dortmund forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £70m, according to Sky sources.
The Blues missed out on the signing of Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United and have now turned their attention to other targets, including Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata.
However, Sky Sports News HQ understands AC Milan is already in talks with Dortmund over a deal for Aubameyang, while Paris Saint-Germain is also interested.
Donnarumma joins Milan: Just a few hours after Gianluigi Donnarumma signed a new deal at AC Milan, the club have announced the signing of his brother and fellow goalkeeper Antonio on a permanent deal. The 27-year-old joins the Serie A side from Asteras Tripoli and has penned a four-year deal.
Chelsea in Danilo talks: Chelsea are in talks to sign Real Madrid right-back Danilo, Sky in Italy reports, with Juventus also said to be interested.
He would cost about €30m – around £28m – and is currently in LA with Real on their pre-season tour. Real signed him from Porto two years ago for €31.5m and is currently the second choice right-back behind Dani Carvajal.
West Brom targets Jones, Smalling: West Brom is targeting moves for Manchester United defenders Chris Smalling and Phil Jones.
Baggies boss Tony Pulis is keen to bolster his backline this summer and, following the arrival of Victor Lindelof at Old Trafford, the England internationals have fallen down the pecking order.
Nigerian transfers in 2017
Here are the names of Nigerians who have switched allegiance to another club in the 2017 summer transfer market.
Henry Onyekuru, AS Eupen > Everton, £6.8m
Emmanuel Emenike, Fenerbahce > Olympiakos, €2.5m
Tammy Abraham, Chelsea > Swansea, Loan
Dominic Solanke, Chelsea > Liverpool, Free Transfer
Elderson Echiejile, Nigeria, Monaco > Sivasspor, Undisclosed
William Troost-Ekong, Nigeria, Gent > Bursaspor, Undisclosed
Victor Anichebe, Sunderland > Beijing Enterprises, Free Transfer
Rabiu Ibrahim, Gent > Slovan Bratislava, €1 million
Imoh Ezekiel, Al Arabi > Konyaspor , Undisclosed
Chidozie Awaziem, FC Porto > Nantes, Loan
Emem Eduok, Esperance > Kasimpasa, $325,000
Kingsley Sokari, CS Sfaxien > Club Africain, Free Transfer
Peter Olayinka, Gent > Zulte-Waregem, Loan
Osaguona Ighodaro, KV Mechelen > JS Kabylie, Free Transfer
Ubong Ekpai, Maccabi Haifa > Zlin Fastav, Undisclosed
Abdul Jeleel Ajagun, Panathinaikos > K.V. Kortrijk, Undisclosed
Uche Agbo,Watford > Standard Liege, Loan
DID YOU KNOW?
- The team playing at home has won each of the last 13 #NPFL matches between Enyimba Int’l and Niger Tornadoes.
- Plateau United recorded their first ever #NPFL victory against Akwa United having previously gone 3 games without a win.
- Sunshine Stars became the 10th #NPFL team to record an away wins this season.
- Wikki Tourists have ended a run of five #NPFL matches without a defeat for Kano Pillars.
- Shooting Stars are now unbeaten in four consecutive #NPFL matches (2W, 2D) against Rangers Int’l.
- ABS FC conceded 4+ goals in a home #NPFL match for the first time in their top-flight history.
- Abu Azeez scored in an away #NPFL match after exactly 2 years since he last achieved the feat (3sc 2-1 WARRI WOLVES).
- ABS FC conceded 3+ goals in a home #NPFL match for the first time since March 2013 (2-3 vs Kano Pillars).
- Ibrahim Mustapha has now provided 6 assists this term, at least four more than any other Enyimba Int’l player.
- Chinonso Okonkwo has now scored three goals in three #NPFL appearances for Enyimba Int’l.
- All of Sunshine Stars’ 5 goals since the appointment of Duke Udi as head coach have come in the second half of games.
- Sikiru Alimi scored in an away #NPFL match for the first time since July 2015 (FC Taraba 1-2 WARRI WOLVES).
- Ibenegbu has scored 3 direct free kick goals for Enyimba Int’l since start of 2015-16; 50% of his goals in that period.
- Tony Okpotu has scored 12 league goals this season, only MFM FC’s Stephen Odey (16) has netted more.
- Abia Warriors have benefited from three own goals this season, at least two more than any other #NPFL team.
- Plateau United have been awarded four penalty kicks in their last three home matches in the #NPFL.
- No player has scored more goals within the opening 10 minutes of #NPFL games than Katsina United’s Chinedu Udechukwu.