Alleged Rituals: Army debunks invasion of Ilorin police division


Stories by Ahmed Ajikobi

The 22 Armoured Brigade Command, Sobi, Ilorin, Kwara State has debunked the alleged invasion of Adewole ‘D’ Division of the State Police Command.
The Acting Commander, Col. Ola Falade stated this yesterday during a chat with Pilot Crime.
In a text message, he described the report as unfounded and false.
Recall that news of the army taking over the police station had spread like wide fire in the past few days. Rumours making the rounds alleged that the army took the action following alleged sale of a relative of an army officer arrested during night raids to ritualists by officers from the Police Station.
However, the Kwara Police had swiftly debunked the allegation, describing it as falsehood and malicious.
The army boss said, “there was an unsubstantiated report to that effect but it’s all false. Please refer to the police release on the matter.
“Be informed though that there is no time or occasion that soldiers of this command took over any police station in Ilorin,” he explained.
Meanwhile, more facts have emerged on the alleged invasion of the police station.
Pilot Crime gathered that an army officer, Col. Gbenga Adetoyin and his colleagues had stormed the police station penultimate Wednesday, to report a suspect simply identified as Biodun.
The suspect, a dealer in food items, was said to have defrauded the Colonel’s mother, Mrs. Folake Adetoyin and her friend to the tune of N350,000 two years ago.
According to a police source the alleged fraudster had collected the money on the pretext of supplying his victims with bags of beans.
He allegedly disappeared and was recently sighted by the women, who subsequently reported the suspect to son.
“It’s true that military men came to the division but on different issue not on the public members’ false speculations.
“The military officer came to our police station to report the case to the DPO and while he was in division boss office, his junior colleagues who accompanied him hung around.
“This was what caused tension as some people who saw the military officers at the police station went around spreading rumour that soldiers have taken over our police station.
That was what happened and everyone began to peddle false rumour against the division that the military men has taken over the station. There is nothing wrong if military officers bring a case to police station for intervention,” he further said.
Pilot Crime further gathered that the police later arrested the suspect complained by the military led to the arrest of the suspect along Kabba Street, Adewole area.
“He was interrogated and confessed to the crime. The suspect promised to refund the money and paid N100,000 last Thursday with an agreement to pay up the balance by month end,” the source further divulged.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button