With the 2018 summer transfer window set to close in most parts of Europe at the end of this month, allnigeriasoccer.com has compiled a list of the top five most expensive transfers involving Nigerian players so far.
1) Ahmed Musa: The Super Eagles World Cup star left Leicester City to join Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr for a fee of €16.5 million. Though that is the most expensive fee paid for a Nigerian player this summer, it is far below the Nigerian transfer record held by Kelechi Iheanacho, who cost the Foxes £25 million.
2) Samuel Kalu: The winger moved to Bordeaux for an initial fee of eight million euros. Kalu has yet to debut for his new employer in the Ligue 1 due to the absence of paperwork.
3) Oghenekaro Etebo: The versatile midfielder snubbed advances from Watford to join Stoke City before the 2018 World Cup. CD Feirense were compensated to the tune of €7.2 million by the Potters.
4) Moses Simon: Gent cut their losses after accepting a five million euros bid from Levante despite claims he was wanted by Liverpool and German Bundesliga clubs. The winger was once valued at €20 million by the Belgian First Division A club.
5) Peter Olayinka: Slavia Prague paid €3.2 million for the center forward. He scored on his league debut against SFC Opava.