There are plenty of celebrities who have managed to make their relationships and marriages last, but for every duo who stands the test of time, others just couldn’t keep it together even after getting married leading them to getting married again and again. There are some surprising celebrities who have headed to the altar more than just ones. Here are the famous celebrities with multiple marriages.
- Stella Damasus:Damasus Stella has been married three times and involved in various affairs including the popular singer Sammie Okposo. Damasus married her first husband, Jaiye Aboderin, in 1999. The couple had two daughters before Jaiye died suddenly in 2004. Damsus re-married in 2007, this time to Emeka Nzeribe. The marriage lasted for seven months before a mutual agreement to divorce. In 2011, she became associated with multiple award-winning Nollywood producer &director Daniel Ademinokan; the couple have been together ever since. Their relationship sparked a lot of controversy all over Nigeria and Africa because both parties never publicly admitted to be dating, engaged or even married until 2014.
- Bukky Wright:Veteran actress Bukky had previously been married to Gboyega Amu who is the father of her two sons, shortly after separating from Amu, due to what she termed irreconcilable differences, she moved into the arms of fellow actor and one time NNPC top shot and current member of the House of Representatives, Rotimi Makinde, without officially divorcing Gboyega Amu. The union lasted a few years before she moved on in the same fashion and found solace in the arms of society journalist and image-maker, Femi Davies. Bukky and Femi got married at the Akodo Registry in Lagos without still dissolving her early marriages. Her nuptials with Femi Davies followed the same pattern.
- Solomon Akiyesi:Top Nigerian celebs whose marriages keep surprising everyone Solomon has been married for four times. He wedded his university love, Ezinne in 2003. He was alleged to still be married to Ezinne when he contracted another marriage with Lilian who was said to be 8 month pregnant and living in Port Harcourt when Solomon attempted to marry another wife, Uloma Agwu in Lagos on April 13, 2013. Akiyesi and Agwu were almost pronounced as husband and wife when Lilian stormed the Overcomer’s World Outreach church, Surulere Lagos where the wedding was going on. She stormed the place with some family members and policemen. I guess this makes him the king of multiple marriages.
- Chris Okotie:Rev. Kris Okotie may be going into the history books as the first serial marriage clergyman, which is not a good testimony for anyone who ascribes to himself the phrase ‘man of God’. He was first married to Teena (a half German half Nigerian) for about two decades, a union which was turbulent and childless forcing it to collapse ultimately in 2001. He got married to single mother Stephanie Henshaw but the union hits the rocks less than two years later in 2012 amidst controversies. Both unions produce no children.
- Shan George:She first got married in 1985, when she was just fifteen years of age. She had two children for her first husband, whom she left in 1991 when she was 21. She later met and married Anthony Nwosisi. This marriage too did not last. First, she was Mrs. Nwosisi then she metamorphosed into Mrs. Momoh Osigwe and later to Mrs. Jaiyeola and before one could start to register the latter to her name she switched over to her maiden name again, Ms. George.
- Clarion Chukwura:Clarion recently tied the nuptial nuts with her U.S. based fiancé, Anthony Boyd making it her third marriage. She once had a relationship with afro-juju legend, Sir Shina Peters and bore a son, Clarence Peters after she ended her first marriage to a certain Mr. Abiola in 2003. She then remarried in 2004 to Femi Oduneye popularly known as Femi Egyptian; they however, separated in 2006, after which they got back together about six years ago before they finally got divorced.