News

UK hints Nigeria on plan to issue travel document to Nnamdi Kanu

 

British authorities have briefed the Nigerian government about the temporary travel document they are about to issue to leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.
According to Report, a top official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, disclosed this in Abuja on Tuesday.
The Biafra leader holds citizenship of Nigeria and UK.
He reportedly said the British authorities told Nigeria that they had no ulterior motive.
Radio Biafra had posted a video where Kanu was seen observing religious rites in Israel.
The IPOB leader, who was sighted in Israel last week, had pledged to return to Nigeria soon.
In his first address in 13 months, Kanu said: “I have returned full-time and I am coming home and I will bring hell with me.”
However, the presidency has dismissed Kanu’s outburst, assuring Nigerians that there is no reason to worry.
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, gave the assurance in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.
“Instead, we see the re-enactment of his bizarre, episodic threat as a mere distraction which will not be allowed to detract from the existing cordial relationships between Nigeria and other countries,” he said.
He added that the Buhari administration is in constant touch with other friendly nations and has the best assurances that they would continue to reciprocate the respect Nigeria has for the sovereignty of their nations.


…we won’t allow him ruin relationship with other countries – FG

The presidency has said it will not allow Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), ruin the cordial relationship Nigeria has with other countries.
Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, said this in reaction to the reappearance of the IPOB leader.
Kanu, who had not been seen publicly in 13 months, resurfaced in Israel, according to a video released by Radio Biafra.
In his first broadcast after resurfacing, the IPOB leader threatened to return to Nigeria “with hell.”
“I am Nnamdi Kanu, no mortal flesh can kill me. They have not given birth to that very person. Since they didn’t want me to come to court, I shall come back to Biafra land … They know if I go to court, that very country will not be the same again,” Kanu had said.
But Shehu described Kanu’s threats as “hollow outburst”.
The statement read: “The Presidency wishes to restate that Nigeria under President Muhammadu Buhari is strong enough to defend its territory against any threat, assuring all Nigerians that there is no reason to worry about the hollow outburst by Nnamdi Kanu, the disputed leader of IPOB, on returning to the country with hell.
“Instead, we see the re-enactment of his bizarre, episodic threat as a mere distraction which will not be allowed to detract from the existing cordial relationships between Nigeria and other countries.
“The Buhari administration is in constant touch with other friendly nations and has the best assurances that they would continue to reciprocate the respect Nigeria has for the sovereignty of their nations.
“Nigerians have nothing to fear from this.”

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *