1. Garlic: Garlic has powerful antimicrobial properties which can kill the causal microbe behind typhoid fever; it is also a powerful detoxifier which helps in getting rid of waste and toxins out of the body. It also improves immune functions and improves the general health status of the body. You can chew on fresh garlic cloves daily.
You can also add it to your meals generously because it is used as commonly as a spice.
2. Honey: Typhoid fever negatively affects the digestive system and that is why people with the disease experience constipation or diarrhea. It can even damage the intestine or other important organs of the body; honey protects the digestive system and ensures proper digestion of foods thereby preventing problems associated with digestion. It helps the body to recover from typhoid fast and it empowers the immune system to fight off the disease.
3. Fresh Fruits: Fresh fruits are filled with healing phytochemicals and natural sugars which can hasten healing and increase the levels of energy in the body since typhoid gives fatigue. They can boost immune functions and replenish lost nutrients. Bananas can relieve high temperature and prevent diarrhea because they are rich in soluble fiber called pectin which aids the absorption of liquids in the intestines. Bananas are also rich in potassium which helps in replacing the amount of potassium lost through diarrhea and vomiting.
Take lots of ripe bananas daily. Cranberries have antimicrobial properties which fight the parasite causing typhoid and it also boost the immune system. Take lots of fresh cranberries or cranberry juice.
4. Lemon Juice: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and they are one of the best fruits for boosting the immune system; they also restore the pH of the body to that of an alkaline state in which no disease can thrive. It is also rich in antibacterial compounds; it can fight the salmonella bacterium and that is why it is one of the natural remedies used in treating typhoid.
Juice lemons and take a cup of fresh lemon juice daily for two weeks; you can dilute it with water and take it many times daily because of the strong sour taste.
5. Guava Leaves: These leaves are powerful against typhoid fever; they have antimicrobial properties, they reduce the production of mucous and boost immune strength. They can relieve the symptoms of typhoid and prevent even viral infections.
Crush 8 leaves of guava and extract the juice.
Take a teaspoon of guava juice 3 times daily for one week.