Appreciation is something that everyone desires and needs. It has a positive impact on a person’s self-esteem and overall perspective about one’s self. Thus, if you care about a person, your appreciation would mean a lot to him/her.
This principle can also be applied in your marriage. If you want to boost your wife’s confidence and self-worth, then help her up by making her feel appreciated. There are several simple ways through which you can do this. Make this a habit and you will keep your wife happy.
1. Thank her for every little thing: One of the best ways to let your wife know that she is appreciated is when you express your gratitude always. Make it a culture in your home to say “thank you” even for the simplest thing one does. This will have a big impact on your wife, and she will be more delighted to do her wifey and mummy roles.
2. Affirm her: Let your wife feel good about herself through your affirmations. Give her sincere compliments, such as how beautiful or kind she is, how delicious the dishes she cooks, or how she is doing great taking care of your kids. These would encourage her to give her best in whatever she does and be a happier person overall.
3. Send her flowers: Sending your wife a bouquet of flowers even if there is no occasion would make her feel so loved and appreciated. You can include a short but meaningful “thank you” message. In addition, it would be sweeter if you include some chocolates.
4. Express your appreciation both through words and actions: Appreciating your wife should not only be done through words. You should also show it through your actions. For instance, you can give her a hug or kiss while exclaiming how grateful you are for the breakfast she has prepared.
5. Leave sticky notes for her: Another simple way to let your appreciation for your wife known is by leaving a sweet sticky note message for her. You can leave it on the fridge door or bathroom mirror. It can be a “thank you” message or a remark on how beautiful she is.
6. Plan a surprise for her with the kids: It would be best if you teach your children to be appreciative of their mom as early as now. You can do this by planning with them a surprise party or present for her. This is perfect for Mother’s Day or your wife’s birthday.
7. Be available for her when she needs you: If you truly appreciate your wife for all her sacrifices and efforts to be a good partner to you, then it would not be hard for you to be available for her. Be willing to make time for her whenever she is in need, just like when she is sick.
8. Give her time for herself: If your wife is always busy taking care of the family, especially if she also has a job, then it is normal for her to feel burned out from exhaustion. Help her avoid this by allowing her to pamper herself occasionally. Give her time to unwind and enjoy herself. You can also treat her to the spa and salon.
9. Help her around, especially when she is tired: In connection with no. 8, always be available to help your wife. Another way of appreciating her efforts is by being sensitive to when she gets tired. Yes, you may be tired from work too, but anything will be a lot easier if done by more hands. Thus, make it a habit to share the burdens of house chores and taking care of your kids.
10. Give her presents: Your wife would feel loved and special if you shower her with gifts. These presents do not have to be expensive. You can give her anything simple as long as it is meaningful and from the heart. As the cliché says, it is the thought that counts.
11. Notice even the small things about her: Noticing everything about your wife down to the smallest details, such as her newly polished nails or the beautiful color of her lipstick, would mean a lot to her. Only a man in love would be able to observe such things. Even small compliments from you would surely make her feel appreciated.
12. Find opportunities to serve her: You are probably used to your wife serving you and the children all the time. To let her know how much you appreciate what she does for you, why not look for ways to serve her in return? For instance, allow her to sleep in during the weekend and be the one to cook breakfast for the family.
13. Do not take her efforts for granted: Know that everything your wife does for your family is done out of her love. Thus, show her how much you appreciate her hard work by valuing everything that she does. For example, even if you have already eaten with your colleagues, make sure to eat the meal your wifey has prepared for you at home.
14. Make her feel valued: Aside from her efforts, value everything about your wife. Put her first before your friends. Protect her from anyone and anything. Listen to her whenever she needs someone to talk to. Spend time with her regularly. More than anything else, serve her.
It will make her bloom
How good you are as a husband can be seen in how your wife glows. If you want her beauty to radiate from the inside, bring out the best in her. Your appreciation will help her a lot to come out of her shell.
Knowing that she is valued by the person she loves is a great encouragement for your wife. It will make her confident and secure with who she is and what she has. This is one of the secrets of empowered women. Help her shine from the inside.