SWOT analysis of Dunlop analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dunlop SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dunlop to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Dunlop is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector. The table below also lists the top Dunlop competitors and elaborates Dunlop market segmentation, target group, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Dunlop SWOT, Competitors, Marketing STP & Brand analysis Table
Dunlop Brand Analysis
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
Category : Tyre Industry
Tagline/ Slogan: Drive with confidence; The Arrival is as important as the Journey; Drivers know; Driving to the Future; For smooth, comfortable ride
USP: Strong brand equity and brand presence
Dunlop STP: Segment
Automobile industry: Target Group
Motorsport, Vintage, SUVs, Heavy vehicles
Positioning: High quality brand over decades, internationally acclaimed and used
Dunlop SWOT Analysis
Below is the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats (SWOT) Analysis of Dunlop. Strengths are:
1. Started in 1888 they are the pioneer of pneumatic tyres, they have tremendous brand equity.
2. Company has pioneered many technologies for ensuring comfortable experience on tough and varied terrains worldwide
3. It has good visibility in motorsports and vintage car category with every year over 300,000 tyres being produced and sold
4. Dunlop has developed strategic partnerships with other tire majors for selling their brand tires in different countries thus taking a step to cover vast geographical area at minimum logistic constraints.
5. Along with tires they have also service centers providing other car systems maintenance and repairs
Here are the weaknesses in the Dunlop SWOT Analysis:
1.Doesn’t have good visibility and market in 2 wheeler segment.
2.Since brands are being held by different Companies in different regions it might lead to brand dilution it may lose its significance
Following are the Opportunities in Dunlop SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to encash on the Automobile boom in developing countries like India and Brazil
2. Innovation and cost-cutting measures may bring them more revenues in this highly competitive industry
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dunlop are as mentioned:
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands
2 Volatility in raw material prices
3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
5. Rising prices of crude oil may have an adverse effect on the industry
Below are the top 7 Dunlop competitors:
6. JK Tyres
The brandguide table above concludes the Dunlop SWOT analysis along with its marketing and brand parameters.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dunlop. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories. This SWOT and marketing analysis has been researched & authored by our BrandGuide Research Team members.
Date Deals Turnover Volume Turnover Value (N) Traded Stocks Advanced Stocks Declined Stocks Unchanged Stocks
2-Mar-20 5,054 325,261,259 6,026,645,809 94 9 28 57
3-Mar-20 4,901 387,895,040 5,076,436,761 91 23 12 56
4-Mar-20 4,419 307,721,869 2,805,390,865 92 22 10 60
5-Mar-20 4,518 431,915,694 7,824,021,113 98 24 11 63
6-Mar-20 4,602 361,108,160 4,275,355,960 100 19 16 65