There is something so rare about these couples that can make even a Grinch want to believe in love and relationship. Imagine a reality TV show which allows you to follow how your favourite Nigerian celebrity couple behave in everyday life, or situations.
Here are seven Nigerian couples who ooze genuine relationship goals and should have a reality show. But there’s just something so rare about these couples that can make even a Grinch want to believe in love and relationship.
1. Joke Silva and Olu Jacobs: These two have spent over 30 years together as a married couple. Despite going through some rough times together, also witnessing the loss of a child, they have both still remained strong. They have ascribed the success of their marriage to God, communication and trust. Apart from a successful marriage, the Jacobs also have a booming career – just what we need for an interesting reality TV series.
2. Banky W and Adesua: On November 25, 2017 Adesua Etomi and Banky W had a private wedding in Cape Town, South Africa. People still have a smile plastered on their faces just looking at this newly-weds and their contagious happiness. Fashion goals, wedding goals, career goals, friendship goals and relationship goals; the Wellingtons basically give us all the goals we would love to religiously follow on TV.
3. 2Face Idibia and Annie Idibia: On February 14, 2012, 2face Idibia proposed to his then on/off girlfriend and baby mama Annie Idibia (nee Macaulay). Annie and 2face had met when they were 15 and 24, respectively. What makes their bond so special is that they’ve lived by their “for better or worse” vows, and it doesn’t seem like there’s any stopping them.
4. Tunde and Wunmi Obe: Musical duo Tunde and Wunmi Obe have been married for over 16 years. Revealing the secrets of their marriage, the veteran musician and proud dad of three revealed that he married a woman who supports his plans and also helps to make good decisions for the future. You can never go wrong with a reality TV show about a happy couple with a successful career.
5. Timi Dakolo and Busola: They are not quite far from public eye thanks to their social media posts. Timi Dakolo and Busola appear to have the heart-warming “I married my best friend” energy. These two often proclaim their love in hilarious Instagram videos, and we can’t get enough.
6. RMD and Jumobi: In 2000, the legendary Richard Mofe-Damijo married Jumobi Adegbesan. They are very private about their personal life, but these two are 17 years into their marriage with no signs of stopping. A reality show will definitely let fans in on the success of their strong marriage.
7. Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: In 2013, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde launched her reality show “Omotola: The Real Me,” offering fans a glimpse at her now 21-year-old marriage. The Ekeindes have that kind of respect and trust in each other that keep a marriage powerful. The actress has severally attributed the success of their marriage to a good relationship with God. Maybe it’s time the talented actress gave fans a remake of “Omotola: The Real Me,” featuring more of her husband, Capt. Matthew Ekeinde.