When my dad was sick, Bianca chose not to take care of him – Ojukwu’s first son


Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Jnr, the first son of the late Biafran warlord Dim Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu has berated Bianca, wife of his late father who was with him in his final days.
In an interview with New Telegraph, Emeka said, “Bianca has been saying a lot and I do not want to associate myself with her. This is a woman who wants to create an impression that she loved Ezeigbo, but while dad was sick, she chose not to take care of him and rather pleased herself.”
Speaking further, Emeka Jnr said, “Bianca made many disparaging remarks about the former governor, Peter Obi, in an attempt to curry favour with Willie Obiano, forgetting that when Ezeigbo was gravely ill, Obi, with the help of his friends, was able to get a private jet and took my father to England, so that he could get the medical attention he received. “She forgot also that it was Obi and other well-meaning folks who were instrumental in persuading the then President Goodluck Jonathan to accord my father what was, in essence, a state funeral.”
Emeka added that when Ezeigbo had a stroke, he was being ‘treated’ at home and was neither given a CAT scan, MRI nor subjected to any of the standard procedures applicable to a stroke victim.
“She insisted on having him treated in his bedroom by her doctor, against the wishes of the family, for two weeks. At some point, family members were stopped at the gate from inquiring about Ezeigbo’s condition.
“On several occasions, I had to force myself in to see him. So all this grandstanding that Bianca is putting up is just to create a false impression about her relationship with my father and unsuspecting members of the public are buying into it, “he said.Reacting to reports that Bianca was with the Ezeigbo when he was flown abroad and also made efforts at taking him from Wellington Clinic to another hospital known as Lynden Hill Therapeutic Centre, Emeka Jnr said the family was disgusted by the decision.
“You have to understand that throughout his treatment, he required 24-hour nursing care, and that particular centre was ill equipped to handle a patient in his condition, even with 24 -hour nursing.
“That was why he was transferred, yet again, to the Royal Berkshire when his health, predictably, deteriorated. Several members of my father’s immediate and extended family, including myself, made concerted effort to have him moved to a neurological rehabilitation centre, where he would receive the sort of treatment he needed.
“But again, Bianca blocked our efforts, and on the 25th of November 2011, a date I will never forget, without reference to the family, she had him discharged from the Royal Berkshire and transferred to yet another ill-equipped nursing home, this time in London, where he died a few hours later.”

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button