Sani Katu, Chairman, Electoral Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation has dismissed concerns that the committee has concluded plans to disqualify top contenders in forthcoming election into the NFF Executive Committee.
Katu allayed the fears in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday.
A source who preferred not to be mentioned had told NAN that plans had been concluded to disqualify former NFF President Aminu Maigari and embattled current NFF boss Amaju Pinnick.
The plan according to the anonymous source is to disqualify both contestants during the screening exercise and leave only one candidate Taiwo Ogunjobi knowing that he might not have the support of the congress for the NFF top job.
“After the screening and disqualification of candidates, the electoral committee will open the nomination form for five days to pave way for more people to pick form including Shehu Dikko, Chairman of the League Management Company .
“Ogunjobi and Dikko may be the only ones in the final race and in the end, the LMC will emerge
“Other popular candidates from the zones may be disqualified also before the final contest,” the source said.
Protests and appeals will be heard and treated between September4 and September 6, after same must have been submitted between August 31 and September 3.
Publication of final list of candidates will be released on September7 and elections into the NFF Executive Committee for 2018 to 2022 will hold on September.