Education

2019 UTME: Candidates panic over results delay in Kwara

 

There seems to be palpable tension among several candidates that sat for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) following  the delay in the release of their results.

The 2019 UTME which commenced penultimate Saturday ended last Wednesday.

Findings by Pilot Education revealed that candidates who sat for the examination are already apprehensive over the accuracy and likely outcome of the 2019 UTME.

Speaking with our reporter at the weekend, Rihanat Suleiman, a candidate and resident of Airport area, Ilorin, said she wrote the examination penulitimate Saturday but still waiting for her result.

She said, “Since I wrote the exam I have been restless. I cannot sleep well again because the UTME result which is yet to be released will determine my future. Even my parents and siblings are worried over the delay in the release of the result. It is so unfortunate that we are still waiting for the outcome of the examination.”

Another candidate, Ajayi Olamide who lives at Gaa Akanbi area of Ilorin blamed the officials of the Joint Admission Matriculation Examination (JAMB) for not being on top of the situation.

To him, the 2019 UTME exercise is a setback when compared to 2018 when results were released within 48 hours after the exams.

He said, ” I have already lost confidence in the credibility of the results following the avoidable delay.

Also, Gbemisola Adeoti an Osere resident, told this medium that she heard that  the board have a new system for releasing the results but expressed disappointment since it is over a week now.

According to her, she is even confused about the whole situation.

Blessing Sabastine  noted that the delay will provide ample time for internet hackers to tamper with the originality of the results.

Meanwhile, the Board has stated that it has not released any result relating to the just concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, because it is still screening the results due to certain issues surrounding the examination.

The Board’s Head of Media and Publicity, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, disclosed that as of April 13, over 1.2 million candidates have successfully written the examination scheduled to end April 17.

Benjamin said the process of the examination has so far been successful, adding that the Board was addressing some of the challenges that came up during the exercise.

He also said that the Board is still investigating those who were unable to be verified through its biometric process and would come out with a stand on the matter.

He explained that the Board is still screening the results because more fraudulent activities are being identified in the process.

“However, candidates should expect their results very soon.” For Now no results has been released.

He added that the Board’s suspension of some Computer Based Test centres nationwide has affected the candidates.

 


… JAMB to compensate all candidates with 10 marks each

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced that it will compensate all the candidates of the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with 10 marks each.

JAMB made this known at the weekend through a statement by the Head of Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin.

He apologised on behalf of the board for the delay in the release of the 2019 UTME results adding that the candidates would be compensated with 10 marks each.

He said that the major reason the results are not out yet is because of those candidates who couldn’t write their exams based on biometric problems (Thumb printing).

Speaking on the UTME score statistics for this year, the Board says that out of the total 1.9 million candidates that registered for the 2019 UTME Exam, it can only guarantee and boast of just 1.2 million candidate’s results.

Out of the credited and verifiable 1.2 million candidate’s results, 300,000 applicants graded less than180 in the examination, 300,000 candidates have more than180 score and 600,000 applicants made above 200.

The management divulged that the results are already available but there’s currently an online maintaining of the result checker portal and in few time, all candidates would be able to access their results. As soon as the portal is fully fixed, there will be a communication to the general populace.

Wherefore, all candidates are implored for print out their original jamb result and the online result immediately the results are fully released.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button