It is common knowledge that domestic violence is a major offence that is generally frowned at, however, many still beat up their spouses for unbelievable reasons. Domestic abuse can happen to anyone. The celebs below suffered domestic violence in the hands of men who they gave their hearts to.
1. Chika Ike: Nollywood actress Chika Ike was abused by her estranged husband, Mr. Eberibi who physically assaulted her for years. She also revealed that one of the many fights resulted in a miscarriage.
2. Monalisa Chinda: In 2014, Chinda opened up to her fans on why she left her first marriage. According to her, she was abused by the man she loved. Monalisa Chinda recently got married to Tonye Victor.
3. Foluke Daramola: Sadly, Foluke, who is best known for her role in Yoruba movies was molested when she was a teenager. She was also a victim of domestic abuse in her first marriage to Tunde Shobowale.
4. Fathia Balogun: Fathia Balogun was formerly married to actor Saidi Balogun, who according to reports battered Fathia on several occasions which led to the crash of the marriage.
5. Tonto Dikeh: Actress, Tonto Dikeh revealed that her husband, Oladunni Churchill, physically assaulted her on numerous occasions in their marriage. She even shared pictures to prove her point.
6. Muma Gee: After six years of marriage, singer Muma Gee and her Nollywood actor husband, Prince Eke called their marriage quit after Muma decided to end her long-suffering and torture she suffered from him.
7. Mercy Aigbe: The Yoruba actress’ marriage to Lanre Gentry has been trending on the internet in recent times after reports including photos surfaced online with Mercy badly battered. The case is presently being handled by the Lagos State Department of Domestic Violence Response Team (DSVRT).
8. Alao Omotayo: Actress And producer, Bose Alao Omotoyosi suffered domestic violence in the hands of her footballer husband.
The Nigerian-born Beninese footballer, Razak Omotoyosi has been married to the Nollywood actress and producer for over a decade and their union produced 4 children.